How to Change Hotmail Email Password
It’s always better to Change Hotmail Password than to risk your email account from being hacked. Everyday a countless number of email accounts are hacked, the email details are stolen and misused by anonymous people. So in order to prevent such activities it is recommended to change your password periodically. But you should change it immediately if you find suspicious activities on your account.
Simple Steps to Change Hotmail Password
Whichever email services or any social networking sites you’re using it is always recommended to change password in certain interval or gap for your own account’s security. So in this topic we’re going to discuss on how to change Hotmail email password. As there has been some changes recently, follow these simple steps to complete the procedure:
- You’ll need to Sign in to Hotmail email account.
- Once you’re in your email account, select the “Display Picture” option located on your top right corner of your screen.
- Now, you’ll be landed on your Hotmail Profile page. Again, click on your “Display Picture“, and select “Account Settings“
- Now in this page, click on “Change Password“. See the image below for the better assistance.
- Now provide the last 4 digits of the phone number you provided to Microsoft.
- After you verify your phone number Microsoft will allow you to change your password.
- Enter your current password and choose new password then save it.
Recommended: Reset Hotmail Password
You have now successfully changed your Hotmail email account password although here you’ll know how to create a strong Hotmail password. It is very important to create a strong password but at the same time it should be a secure and easy to remember password. Most of the users choose same password for multiple logins but I recommend not to do so. If a hacker break through your one account then your other accounts are in serious doubt.
So here are some tips on how to create a strong Hotmail password for your email account. This is a main factor to be considered because with all the different types of hacking trend going on at the moment these simple guidelines can surely assure your account’s top security level for a long period of time.
Tips on How to Choose a Strong Outlook Password
- Firstly choose a password which is cannot be easily guessed. For instance your name, birth date or anything familiar to you.
- Don’t choose a short password, always choose a long password.
- If you want to choose a strong password then put some numbers on it. But don’t just use numbers only like your phone number etc.
- You can use Capital letters and space to make it even stronger. Example: Passw 0rd7 etc.
- In order to remember your password make sure you keep it written in a notepad, sticky notes which no one can easily access.
So overall these are some point to be concerned of while choosing your password which will help you keep your account safe and secure. But, as I’ve mentioned before it is recommended to change your Hotmail email password once in a while for best result you can change it in a six month period gap.